The Bunker Project is recorded with a live interactive studio audience. Join us for a show in person in downtown Vancouver or via Google + Hangout. Or watch live on Hangouts On Air.
Bunker Project Episode 128:
We talk about QNX Operating Systems Ltd.
Show 128 – QNX Domination
Round Table Intros:
Randal Orser @numbercrunchers
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury
Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegal
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
We kick off the show talking about mobile apps while Bob takes pictures of everybody in the room.
Round Table Intro Question: Name, Favourite App or the App you use the most.
- Randall’s favourite app is Twit Bird Pro… if it is good enough for Guy Kawasaki it is good enough for him.
- Bonnie says she agrees with Randall, Twit Bird Pro is the best Twitter App. Bonnie wants to know why Bob is taking pictures of beer.
- Margaret says picking your favourite app is like choosing a favorite child. She picks the Hootsuite App. She only uses Hootsuite on mobile and uses Buffer on the desktop.
- Marcel says he only has one app.
- Byron says hi… Twitter is his and Marcels favourite.
- Ken likes power toggles and good reads.
- Bob is tweeting using hashtag #bunkerproject in order to auto post on the Bunker Projects social reactions page.
- Marcel asks if Rebelmouse is the new Glos.si? We direct him to last weeks episode and give him a summary of Rebelmouse.
- Andrew’s pick is the Zite App which aggregates customized content and can be easily shared using the Buffer App.
- Ken asks what podcatcher apps we use. Andrew likes Pocket Casts and Bob uses DogCatcher instead of Pocket Casts. Andrew suggests throwing the question up on the Podcasting Resources Google Plus Community page.
QNX Operating Systems Ltd.
Are you driving a car witxh Blackberry in it without knowing it?
- Are you driving a car with Blackberry in it without knowing it?
- RIM acquired QNX Operating Systems Inc. a few years ago and introduced the is operating system in the Playbook which failed miserably.
- QNX specializes in embedded chip technology and is in medical equipment, NASA Misision Control, the Predator Drone, anti tank missiles and 60% of cars.
- Why isn’t Blackberry bringing up the fact that QNX is doing so well? Is it that because QNX doesn’t want to be too closely associated with Blackberry?
- James gives us his opinion on how good the Blackberry 10 phones are after Marcel trashes Blackberry phones.
- Andrew lists the top 10 places you wouldn’t expect to find QNX chips
- Blackberry will probably be around for a while because in non North American markets Blackberry is still strong and QNX is kicking butt in the automotive and other sectors.
- Andrew took a bunch of pics on his iPhone and recorded them people in the pic speaking and put them up on Facebook and Twitter.
- James brings up Tout… James explains how it works.
- Tout It Out is there slogan. Looks similar to Keek and others.
- WWE and the UFC really push the social media platforms.
- Vine and the 6 second videos aren’t as cool as they though I guess.
- We talk about other apps like Just SayN
- Someone asks why not just put a short video on Youtube instead of all these video platforms.
One Pass or Last Pass
- We ask if anyone is using One Pass or Last Pass?
- Burger King was hacked and they made it appear as if they were purchased by McDonalds.
- Bob says who cares if your Twitter account gets hacked unless your a big company like Burger King… Bonnie says it doesn’t matter how many followers you have you should protect your brand.
Gaming with James
- James starts off the segment with a Marvel impersonation.
James said the PS4 press conference was horrible. He sometimes wonders what the heck the TWIT guys are saying when they are talking about games.. WTF?
Bob asks if the Gaming industry is stagnant? James says the industry isn’t stagnant, things are happening but just not at the PS4 press conference.
The Game console will be smart and know what games you want before you do… so when you go to download it… it will already be there.
Voicemail Feedback from Norm – he wants to know what we have to say about using Amazon for movies and books, etc.
Bob takes the question about Amazon Prime and masking your IP to get the Instant Video in Canada.
Call Toll Free 1-877-636-1474 and join the conversation on the show….
Wix.com is easy to use and kicks butt… make a site using Wix this week!
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
If you like the show subscribe by clicking a button.
Women Talking Tech
— Craig Griffiths
Ask Find Buy
If you like the show subscribe by clicking a button.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick